In the whisper of the trees
Love is in the air
In the thunder of the sea”
By Tom Jones
Zakynthos is a really romantic island and the ideal location to start your married life together. The quiet resort of Koukla provides the perfect combination of green countryside and panoramic views of the beach which create the perfect romantic setting for the most special and important day of your life.
Booking your wedding with us you will feel relaxed and carefree, secure in the knowledge that everything has been taken into account for your special day by your wedding coordinator while you have spent your holiday relaxing in the sunshine with your friends and family without the need to run around planning your wedding.
Weddings at “Gloriamaris Hotel, suites & villa”
- If you are interested in a Zakynthos (Zante) Civil Wedding while you spend your holiday in our suites, our experienced and special licensed Wedding Coordinator will be happy to provide all the information you need in order to organize and guide you through the necessary paperwork for a legal wedding. Furthermore we can organise the ceremony and a lovely reception in our beach-front pool bar!
- Your love in the air spread combined with the magnificent view out to sea, the breathtaking sunset, the romantic atmosphere and the Caribbean gardens are just some of the reasons that couples choose our venue for their wedding experience and honeymoon.
We will be more than happy to assist you while you add your own personal style to your special day!
- It’s easy!! Just follow the following steps and leave the rest to us!!
- Contact us to make a preliminary reservation for your villa or a stay in one of our two suites and the desired wedding date and time.We will book the wedding date and time with the Mayors’ office and send you the confirmation.
- You will then need to collect all the necessary documentation and send them to us by courier or by fax/email We need to have all the necessary documents 21 days prior to your wedding date. Please note if you have sent the documents by fax or email you MUST bring the ORIGINAL documents with you.
If you are interested in having a legal Civil Wedding in Zakynthos you will need the following documents:
For all European Union citizens: Wedding Legal Requirements Abroad
A very important part of ensuring that your wedding plans abroad run smoothly is to ensure that you have all the correct documentation. This little bit of paperwork can make all the difference, so please look carefully at the information below to see what is required. If you have any questions, do not forget that our Wedding Consultant is on hand to guide you and you will be sent reminders as and when you need to start getting your documents ready.
Legal documentation required for a civil ceremony wedding.
Valid ten year British Passports – these do not need to be translated.
- Full Birth Certificates showing parents details
- If divorced-Decree Absolute
- If widowed-Death Certificate and previous Marriage Certificate
- If either of the couple has had a name change (including reverting back to maiden name)-a change of name document on headed paper stamped and signed by a solicitor
- If either of the couple is under 18 years-proof of parental consent in the form of a Statutory Declaration is required-stamped and signed by a solicitor
- A Certificate of No Impediment (for UK & Irish citizens or the equivalent from your country) is required for both of the persons intending to marry. (This is issued by your local registrar)
Important Note 1:
All legal documents need to be authenticated with an Apostille by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office or the equivalent legalisation office of your country and translated into Greek (All English documents can be translated by us but for all other languages please contact your local authorities to find a list of official translators )
Important Note 2:
Originals or certified copies of all the above required documents must be stamped and signed by the Apostille Hague Convention. An Apostille is a special seal attached to your document to certify that it is an authentic document.
The contact details for the Legalisation Office are as follows:
By telephone: 01908 295 111 By fax: 01908 295 122
Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays 10am-12pm and 2pm-3pm
By post or in person:
The Legalisation Office
Norfolk House (West)
437 Silbury Boulevard
Website : www.fco.gov.uk/legalisation
Important Note 3:
Once you have had the required documents legalized with the Apostille either the originals must be sent to us by courier or copies e-mailed or faxed to us at least three weeks before the date of your wedding and we will have them translated for you into Greek and the translations legalised.
Important Note 4:
For all types of weddings, it is required that two witnesses be present. If the bride and groom are travelling on their own, our staff will be happy to offer assistance and act as witnesses at the wedding ceremony.
Our professional licensed Wedding Coordinator will guide and assist you with the necessary paper work –so do not worry you will not be by yourselves!
Important Note 5:
Please note the ORIGINALS MUST be brought with you when you travel to Greece.
We cannot be held responsible if you have not brought the necessary original documents with you. Further details regarding obtaining the above documents will be given on receipt of your request for further wedding information.
- When will we receive our marriage certificate?You will be required to go to the Mayor’s office at some stage after the wedding day where you will sign for and collect your marriage certificate and the English translation will be delivered to you a couple days later
- Is our civil marriage in Greece and Zakynthos legal?Yes, the marriage certificate is a legal document issued by The Greek Authorities and accepted internationally.
- Where can we have our wedding reception?The Gloriamaris Hotel is one of the most perfect locations on the island. However if the number of guests is too high for our garden, we will propose several venues to choose from.
- When will we receive our photos?You will receive the samples of your photographs a couple of days after the wedding in order for you to make your choice and your album will be delivered to you before you leave Zakynthos.
- We don’t have two witnesses for the ceremony.We will provide the witnesses if necessary.
- What is the best time to perform the ceremony?Weddings usually take place between 5pm to 7:30pm depending on the month so that it will be a pleasant temperature. This time of day gives us a combination of day light running into evening light so that the camera captures gentle & romantic colours for your photos. Daytime is too hot for you and too bright for a camera.
Renewal of Vows / Blessing
You may already be married or planning a celebration at home, but why not renew your vows in Gloriamoris Hotel & suites against a background of the Koukla waters under the blue sky, with the golden warmth of the sun shining down on you. You may be celebrating that special anniversary or perhaps you simply wish to express your love and commitment to each other. Let our team arrange a renewal of vows ceremony personalised to match your own unique style.
Ceremonies can be either civil performed in Greek with English translation by the registrar, or religious, performed in English by Takis the Baptist Church Minister. Both last for about 20 minutes and include the opportunity to renew your vows and exchange rings with readings of your choice included as well if you wish.
Simply make your reservation direct with us and then select from the vast array of extras which include flowers, photography, video, transport, cake, hair and beauty and massage to tailor your special day.
It is your moment to celebrate…
You found the one. You just had the perfect wedding. Now you’re ready to enjoy the perfect honeymoon. Here at Gloria Maris Suites you will enjoy the honeymoon of a lifetime. A honeymoon at Gloria Maris suites will take you and your loved one to the most picturesque, diverse and isolated places on Zakynthos Island. Each day in paradise is its own holiday. Each moment is a memory you will treasure.
Enjoy the privileges we offer to you!
- A welcome basket with local delicacies in your room
- Honey & almonds
- A bottle of Local Champaign in your fridge
- Bathrobe –slippers
- Breakfast served in your room any time between 08:00 to 12:00.
- Start a romantic boat trip escape just for the two of you to the isolated island of Marathonisi or if you wish a romantic cruise evening at sunset with your loved one!
Start a romantic boat trip escape just for the two of you to the isolated island of Marathonisi. At the end of the evening enjoy a romantic sunset with your loved one!
Note: If you have something special in your mind, let us know and we will to our best to meet your requirements.